Saturday, February 7, 2009

The start

Its a while now that I've been thinking of getting serious about blogging. Since taking up photography, I've become someone that really appreciates my immediate surrounding and the world in general. I think it has opened up a world that I never knew existed. Its only a question of perspective. I always thought photographers were not artists. They are different from 'artists' as they don't create anything. They simple capture what is already there with the aid of a machine. I thought it was unfair to put photographers in the same elite level as painters and composers. Slowly, that changed and I believe that a photographer is someone who has the responsibility of taking what is already there and conveying a message, an emotion and a perspective with the goal of bringing out the same feelings from the viewer. Its a constant challenge that requires an endless amount of time to perfect. Because unlike other artists, we cannot manipulate our surroundings and if so, there is only that much we can do. Our work is based on reality and with that comes great responsibilities. War photographers always dream of taking that one photo that will stop the war, such is the power that this amazing art has. It is used to tell the truth, to bring sights and images in our minds that would otherwise cease to exist.

Park Bench

Photography to me has become more than just another hobby. Its a damn passionate hobby but more importantly, it is something that I have come to take very seriously and of all the things that I have taken up in my life, probably one of the few things that I will stick to. For me, it is a philosophy, a constant strive for perfection, something of an inspiration and is very much a part of me. I hope you enjoy this blog as I share with you my world, my philosophy and my journey...

Arvind

1 comment:

  1. thx for sharing arvind. I'm following your blog right now. write and I shall read

    ReplyDelete